Monday, 4 June 2012

I kinda love my town

I have a little confession to make. I have a serious love affair with Hamilton. Some may call us the armpit of Ontario, but this little steel town has some gritty authentic charm - a hard thing to come by.

This weekend, the man and I decided to check out Buskerfest, an annual June festival that brings out all kinds of eye-catching talent including acrobats, sword eaters, jugglers, and the odd certified crazy person (one guy swallowed a balloon...he could be absolutely ingenius or just nuts, and I'm banking on the latter).

We enjoyed street meat, ridiculously cheesy poutine from a truck called The Poutine Machine (seriously, what's not to love?), delicious Detour lattes and the tastiest snow cones we've ever had from these lovely ladies at Sweet Ice Cones.


Yeah, it was a good day.

P.S. I'm moving into my dream apartment this week! I'm completely stoked. More updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment